- 1.1 Bug Control (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 96 070 872 383) (Bug Control, we and us) is committed to protecting the personal information of you as a user of our website (you).
- 1.2 We are bound by the national privacy principles that form part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and we comply with all of the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
- how and why we collect personal information;
- how that information is stored;
- how you can access and correct that information; and
- when we might disclose personal information to other people.
3. Collection of Personal Information
- 3.1 We may collect the following personal information:
- Your name, phone number, physical address, postal address and email address.
- Your username, password and profile picture.
- Metadata obtained through your use of our website, including your IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, and timezone.
- Your payment information, such as your credit or debit card details.
- Any communication with us either directly, via phone or email.
- Information about the device you use to access our website, including device identifier, device type, device plugins, and hardware capabilities.
- Information obtained by or submitted to us from you through your use (or prospective use) of our website and the Services, including information and documents submitted by you, your GPS position, pages viewed, buttons clicked, viewing time, keyword searches.
- 3.2 We may receive information about you through our website, applications, communication systems, or other methods of communication.
- 3.3 We may also receive information about you from third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may collect data from your accounts on other platforms that you give us permission to connect to. These platforms include, but are not limited to, Facebook and Google. You can stop us from collecting data from those other platforms by removing our access on the platform or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our payment provider may provide us with information about the payments you make to us; and
- We may collect information from public sources.
- 3.4 If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, then you may not be able to use the Services.
4. Use of Personal Information
- 4.1 We use personal information we collect about you:
- To verify your identity.
- In connection with the provision (or potential provision) of Services to you.
- To communicate with you in relation to the Services.
- To ensure that your personal information is up-to-date.
- To market our Services to you, including contacting you electronically (for example, by text, email or an online messaging platform).
- To provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers.
- To collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit or debit card transactions.
- To co-operate with any government, industry, legislative or regulatory authorities.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you.
- For any other purpose authorised by you and/or the Privacy Act.
- 4.2 We reserve our right to use data (on an anonymous basis) in relation to your use of the Services for marketing and accounting purposes.
- 4.3 You may request that we stop sending marketing or promotional messages at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com.
- 5.2 You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of our website.
6. Links to other websites
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
8. Storage of Personal Information
9. Accessing Personal Information
- 9.1 You have the right to access and correct personal information held by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9.2 In particular, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- To request access to your personal information.
- To request a correction to your personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal information.
- To object to the processing of your personal information.
- To request a restriction on the processing of your personal information.
- To request a transfer or your personal information to you or a third party.
- To withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
- 9.3 In many cases you may also update the information we hold about you, such as your contact details and password, by logging in and updating the information in your account.
10. Complaints about a breach of privacy
- 10.1 If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our privacy officer at [Suite 1A Level 2, 802 Pacific Hwy, Gordon NSW 2072, email@example.com, (+61) 1 800 849 211] and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
- 10.2 Usually, it takes only a few days to address the complaint. However, if we’re unable to provide a final response within 30 days, we’ll contact you to explain why and discuss a timeframe to resolve the complaint.
- 10.3 If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are available from oaic.gov.au.
11. Data breaches
- 11.1 We are aware of and will comply with the Mandatory Data Breach reporting obligations as set out in the Privacy Act.
12. Amendments to this Policy