Facilities must ensure that:
- Staff understand the principles of AMS.
- Be able to provide evidence or records show that the organisation educates relevant members of the workforce in antimicrobial resistance and strategies to reduce the risk of increasing resistance to antibiotics.
- Provide evidence of Antimicrobial Stewardship Aged Care policy and process to support the appropriate administration of antibiotics.
- Evidence of care strategies used to minimise the need for antibiotics.
- Policy documents that detail infection prevention and control procedures that include risk assessment and risk management strategies, and instructions for the workforce.
AMS is central to Infection Prevention and Control. Find out more about our Antimicrobial Stewardship Guide.